Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's Been a While

I haven't blogged in a while, so I thought I would talk about why. It's because 90% of the things I think to blog about get forgotten. I have a very bad case of CRS. If you don't know, that stands for Can't Remember Stuff or something like that. I am going to start trying to have a picture for everything I think of to blog about. This should help spark my memory. I'll dust off the old digital camera and keep it with me. Any good photographer should always have a camera with them anyway. I'm not really insinuating that I am a good photographer, but if I don't have a camera with me my chances decrease dramatically.

The main reason for my affliction is that with the exception of maybe ten nights I don't think I have slept more than 5 consecutive hours in about 2 or three years. I am one of those people that really needs 7 or 8 hours a night. They say lack of sleep is cumulative and you never make up for it unless you sleep those missing hours. So I'll be conservative and say I need 7 hours of sleep a night and I get 5.5. We'll also limit it to a 2 year period or 730 days. That means I am down 1,095 hours of sleep, so if I could just sleep for 45.625 days I would be all caught up. Oh, wait I forgot to add in the 7 hours of sleep I would have gotten anyway for the 45 days of sleep I am catching up on. Can you miss sleep while sleeping? The math is starting to hurt now. Okay a train leaves Seattle at 6:00 am traveling 65 MPH . . .

One monday after some of those three day weekends I had I was pretty well rested. I know I slept at least 7 hours straight on the Sunday night before. When I got to work I felt as though I had super human abilities. Solutions were clearer, I remebered things that were told to me, I was able to sit at my desk without having that 2:00 am and I've driven all night head snapping motion I sometimes get. It was a very productive day. I'm not saying there aren't days that going through a work day in a haze has advantages, but clarity is a good feeling when you can get it. I imagine many parents can relate.

No comments: