Saturday, March 28, 2009

Changing the World

I watched Evan Almighty tonight. I must say it was a really good movie. It was funny and it had a good message. Now here I go getting mushy.

Everyone always thinks of changing the world in such a large way. It was nice to stop and think that letting some one over in traffic, holding a door for some one, or spending time building a better relationship with your family are all ways to change the world. I think the fact we have this mindset that changing the world requires a lot of effort keeps many people from trying. I also think that we sometimes forget that millions of people doing something small can accomplish the same thing as a few people doing something large. So I'm going to try this week to think of something nice I can do to help some one else and do it. Let's all give it a try. If you'd like you can share the ideas you come up with in the comments section. I figure the comments section might as well be used for something.

So let the Acts of Random Kindness begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Heather's friend Beth (LA). Saturday night we went to Chilis and our waitress was having a terrible night, and spent most of our time there in tears over a table of customers that had been ugly to her, left no tip, and did not even pay their bill. While she was not the most attentive waitress to us under the circumstances, we left her over a 50% tip and a little note saying...hope your night gets better. We did not stick around to watch but I hope it made her smile. :-)