Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Love Having Boys

I know I could do all of the same things if I had girls, but then I would probably get static from some people for making them tomboys.

If it isn't obvious this is a picture of my almost four year old son helping me sand a board for a shelf to go above the TV in the basement. The focused look on his face is just perfect.

A few days later on the day after his fourth birthday he helped me jack up the car to change the oil and the fuel filter. He could work the jack all by himself. He is four years old and he already lifted a car. He even looked at the jack while he was using it and said "Daddy this is a lever, a lever is a simple machine." He's absolutely awesome.

I taught him all about safety and how important it is to put new oil in the car. I also told him how important it was to put your tools away when you are done, but I didn't learn that until I was about 25, so I am not holding out hope that this lesson will stick for some time, but I have plenty of time to teach it to him.

1 comment:

The Stein Family said...

Awesome1 It dawned on me the other day that with a second boy on the way, Jonathan will no longer need Chris' help to get him all riled up...I expressed my worries about this to Chris, his only response was, "but just think of all the cool toys I'm gonna have...there's no way you can say no to go cart now." I'm i trouble!!!!