Friday, November 21, 2008

I need you to take off your clothes

I was a little surprised to hear that phrase from some woman I just met.

You see, I went for a random drug screening for work today. I never really believed these things were random before today. I am unconcerned about the results, because I have been drug free since birth. This was however quite an experience.

I arrived and filled out my paperwork. I knew I would have to pee in a cup, but I had no idea of all the prep work. I was taken to a room where I was told they needed me to take off my clothes including my underwear and socks and put on a hospital robe. I was told once I was done with this I was to step out into the hall. Gee thanks that sounds great.

So I'm out in the hall where I am told to wash my hands. The whole time I've been stripping, robing, and washing my hands I'm thinking please don't be planning on watching me pee (especially since it was really cold today). I'm not really sure I could pee with some strange woman watching me. Luckily I am still unsure if I would be able to do this because she did not follow me into the restroom. Thanks again for the barefoot walk in the restroom, can't wait to get home and take a shower.

After getting dressed I proceeded to the front desk to complete the paperwork where the woman who took my sample and another woman were sitting . I saw a cup of pens on the desk and asked if I could have one. The sampler said yes, and I said "it's only fair after all I gave you something." The other woman started laughing and the sampler looked at me smiling but confused and asked what. The other woman then started laughing even harder and said "his pee". Then they both started laughing and I wished them a good weekend and walked out on a high note.

I'd be really happy to never be drug tested again. It wasn't a great experience, but it did make for a good story. Enjoy and have a good weekend.

1 comment:

The Stein Family said...

Wow -- I hyaven't talked to you in 10 years and already I feel as though I know too much!